Sunday, December 2, 2012

First Holiday Mart

I decided to try and sell my creations at a holiday mart. I found one that didn't have an expensive entry fee and worked into my schedule. The only part was that it was mostly commercial booths (Mary Kay, Avon, Tastefully Simple, Advocare, and the like.) Made a few sales (mostly woven hearts) but most people there were not interested in handmade items. Had a few people stop and look (most like the baskets and the owl hats) but most didn't seemed interested in much more. So next time, need to participate in one geared toward arts and crafts buyers.

Covered the cost of gas to get there and learned about how I want to set up my booth if I do it again. Life is about the little things and continually learning, at that I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment