Thursday, April 5, 2012

Learning to Knit

I recently purchased a mystery box of yarn and supplies. When I received the box it also had a set of knitting needles. I had learned how to knit when I was about 10 and quickly moved on to crocheting (and had not knitted since.) I decided to see if I could re-teach myself the art of knitting.

So far it has been a little frustrating since evidently I learned the combined knitting
style of knitting versus the English or Continental style. The result is when I watch videos things seem a little off. I am trying to work on a pattern I found, but have ripped it out more times than I can count. Is starting to look similar to the picture, but I think I may need to switch some stitches (ssk and k2tog) so it slants correctly.

Found a blog that might help me on my journey (and help me realize that I am not alone.) 

I even found a website with a conversion table!

Will see how things go and if I keep knitting or go back to just crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment