Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Heart Basket

I had someone ask me today if one of my reed hearts could be used for a flower girl. Since the sides are open, it would not serve this purpose well. The question did get me to thinking about ways that I might be able to adapt the design or use another design to make a heart basket. While doing a little research, all I could find were Swedish heart baskets. These would work great, but are not easily made from reed.

After playing with some paper (since it is easier to manipulate and doesn't cost as much as the reed) I still hadn't come up with a solution. After more pondering I wondered if I could lash the sides together, similar to how I finish many of my baskets. I went home and started to put my idea into reality. Here is the result!




No comments:

Post a Comment